Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bre In Town - Suffering Through Gold Class

Bre came to visit, Bre came to visit!  After a long wait, my BFF finally made it across the globe to come and visit me.  I have been excited for this for months.

First, breakfast at my very favorite Singapore hangout, Jones the Grocer.  They have the best breakfast BLT.


A walk past the HDBs near out house...


And over a bridge to hop on the bus to Orchard Road.  Bre told me she didn't want me to plan anything special, she "just wanted to live my life for a week."  So ride the bus we did.


To Orchard Road - the Rodeo Drive of Singapore.


There's a department store nearby that always has some sort of sale going on.  I often see people taking pictures of it, and I find myself thinking, "Why would anyone want to take a picture of that?"  But I suppose it is pretty impressive.  This is all shoes.


And what else to do in the daily life of a Singaporean?  Go to another mall, of course.  This one has a cool outdoor boardwalk, so we took a quick walk before it started raining.

 

It was siesta time for some...


But movie time for us!  We decided to relax and take in a movie at a Gold Class theater - big cushy recliners, fleece blankets, waiters bringing you wine and cheese - what more could you ask for?


Firewalking, that's what!  Stay tuned for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment