Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sydney - Part 2

[Sorry for the short post - I'm a bit overwhelmed by my other life and needed something that consisted of mostly pictures.]


Our first stop in the blink-of-an-eye tour of Sydney was the Queen Victoria building.  Originally built in the late 19th century as a government building, in the 1950's it fell into disrepair.  And what to do when that happens?  Turn it into a mall!  Inside is a "visual feast of Victorian fussiness".


The Great Australian clock (there's a little mechanical guy who constantly runs around the outside of the clock to represent the continual passing of time)...


The Australian coat of arms (sheep, ship, shovel and... hay).


And more colors I wish I had in my house.


Next up?  Sydney Opera House, or - "Huh.  It's Not White."

No comments:

Post a Comment