Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun with the Plauts - Part 2!

After with the usual-but-never-routine activities like eating chili crab, going to Night Safari, and visiting the Fish Spa...


...Esther, Harvey, David and I visited Singapore's newest attraction: the Marina Bay Sands.  I finally read that the design is based on "a deck of cards", which never occurred to me even after all these months of watching it being built.  There's already a show on National Geographic channel about the building of this place, and here's why:


Yes, that's an infinity pool on the 58th floor.  With a $4 billion dollar price tag, it's currently the world's most expensive hotel - rooms start at $350 a night, which deters me even though I really want to swim in that pool.  We visited at night (they even charge $20 just to take an elevator to the top) where the you get the million dollar view:


And thus ends Harvey and Esther's much-too-quick trip to Singapore.  David, Harvey and I headed to Australia after this, so next time you see us, we'll be upside down...

No comments:

Post a Comment